play my favourite song.
Friday, April 04, 2008
I dare say I've the passion for Social Work and am proud to be a Social Worker! At least for now and the next few years! It's really inspiring to see people of great influence like Dr Maliki (I rrrrreeeaaaallly like him!), Ms Ang Bee Lian, Mr Gilbert Fan sharing the same passion in planting seeds for change in people! It's like my passion for Social Work is fuelled again and yes, to be a competent Social Worker in order to impact more effectively on people's lives, the desire to study and work really hard for Social Work is back (at the right time)! HAA

It's like apart from being a Social Worker, I don't know what else I can be! And it's real exciting hearing fellow coursemates applying for jobs and becoming REAL SOCIAL WORKERS! (: Like scary but still, it's ultimately what we are all working towards!

Still, even though their stand was that in Social Work you have to have the passion to work with people blah, and that there's already changes to the pay and status of Social workers and how we should focus on the positive, the growth rather the negative; it still doesn't really convince me! Especially since we only get paid like $5 per day for our placement! Seriously, there's still alot of
work to do! True, perhaps instead of complaining we should start by being more competent and confident as Social Workers (students) in order to change perceptions! Also, to educate people on the job of Social Workers and what we do!

Jiayou (:

Really inspiring (:


In Willies and my terms, I'm a passion fruit (: